Non-NHS Services

Most of the services offered by the surgery are free under the NHS. But some services are not covered under the NHS and for those your GP, like other professionals, can charge a fee. Examples include the following:

  • Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements.
  • Insurance claim forms
  • Letters for taking medication abroad
  • Private sick notes
  • Vaccination certificates

The fee will reflect both the doctor's time to carry out the service and the doctor's professional opinion. It may also include the cost of secretarial support and stationary. 

This work is not undertaken during routine appointments and we would request that all enquiries with regard to work of this nature are made at reception. Time spent completing forms and preparing reports takes the doctor away from the medical care of his or her patients. Most doctors have a heavy work load and paperwork takes an increasing amount of their time, so doctors have to undertake this work in their own time in evening or weekends. When a Doctor signs a certificate or completes a report, it is important that they only sign what they know to be true. In order to complete even the simplest of forms the doctor may have to check the patient's entire medical record. Please therefore allow up to 40 days for your report, form etc to be processed, Sue King is the member of our Administrative team who looks after all such requests to ensure they are completed on time. 

The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales, and are available from reception.  Please note that we are only able to accept cash or cheques for payment. 

Power of Attorney/Lasting Power of Attorney

As from 11th May 2021, as per guidelines from the LMC (Local Medical Committee) GPs will no longer complete Power of Attorney/Lasting Power of Attorney for patients. 

Housing Applications

As of Friday 1st February 2019, we will no longer accept requests for letters to the Housing Office. 

If you intend to apply for a council house for health reasons, you do not need a GP to write a letter. 

The Housing Office will contact the GP if further information is required. 

To Whom it May Concern Letters

As of Friday 1st February 2019, we will now be charging an upfront, non-refundable fee of £25 for any "To whom it may concern" letters. 

Once the letter has been typed, there will be no editing. 

Letter Requests

- PIP (Personal Independence Payment)

- Bus Pass

- Theme Park Fast Pass (to avoid queuing)

- Fit to Box

- Housing Applications

- Jury Service

- Appeal Letters (PIP and DWP) 

- Unable to attend/travel DWP Assessments 

Unable to attend/travel to Court

- Passport Signing 

- Character References


GPs cannot sign the declaration form for Cancards.

Thank you for your co-operation 


If you wish to have a paper copy of your medical record, please complete a SAR (Subject Access Request) form, available from Reception.

Please document exactly what information you need (for example years, diagnosis, procedures etc). The surgery has 30 days to action and the 1st request is free, if the same information is requested again it will incur a charge. 

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website